Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hearing His Voice....

This little "adventure" for me all started back in October.....We were out trick or treating with Halei and we stopped over at a dear friend of mines house, Beka Fox,  Well of course this couldn't of been a Hi & Bye quick stop ;)  She invited us in and we went over to ooooo and ahhhhh over her dear little puppy Prince Eric :)  She all the sudden looks at me and says I have to share this with you..."Today in Church I was overcome by this sense of Peace and I just know in my heart that God is going to give you a baby boy."  Of course I was filled with the feeling of excitement....but I didn't realize at that moment just how much this was going to affect me!!


Now this leads us into this last Saturday.....March 5th, 2011......

RESTORE CONFERENCE

Alot of us had been highly anticipating this event and knew that it was going to be an amazing day and life changing to say the least....
The whole day you could really feel God's Presence was there in an AMAZING way.....The morning session was such a blessing....goosebumps over and over again....the breakout session(I chose UNITY) was good and convicting ;)  and then that leads us up to the final afternoon session......Our guest speaker Grace Johnson was such an amazing God filled woman - she truly has an amazing gift and is using it for God's Glory!!  Just before she started speaking another Good Friend of mine Jessica Middour came over, sat beside me and said "OK Have you ever heard God's Voice...Like actually Speaking to you??" I replied "No, I haven't." She then went on to say how she hasn't either and that's something she really longs for...that she really just wants to hear his voice.....and we came to the conclusion that maybe that's something she needs to just lay down and give it to God and it will happen when she's least expecting it...all in God's timing :)  {During this conversation I was thinking to myself...wow she really wants this!  And I have never really thought about it!  Is this wrong of me to not have thought about it??  Maybe I just need to pray about it!!} 

Moving along....After Grace finished speaking we wrapped it up with another round of Praise & Worship...... during the Praise & Worship Beka opened up the Altar to all who felt led to come forth and lay it all down....well I had my eyes closed and was singing away and all the sudden I felt this tug in my Heart to open my eyes and look at the alter......so I did....and here I see my sister in law on her knees....with another good friend Rachel praying with her.....then the tug says "Go.....Go pray with Angie"  So I immediately go over there and pray over her.....then here comes 2 more Dear friends Ruth Ann & Leslie [YES I am blessed with lots of amazing friends ;) ] and we are all praying and rejoicing together....well that was all said and done I went back to my seat and continued with my Praise & Worship.....(Here comes the BEST part)....I've got my eyes closed....my hands lifted just singing away and all the sudden here comes the goosebumps again.......from the tips of my fingers down to the tips of my toes I felt COMPLETELY CONSUMED with the HOLY SPIRIT.....I felt as if my Breath was being taken away....I felt speechless like I couldn't sing anymore.....then all the sudden I hear this BOOMING voice {that I could never even describe truly what it sounded like} say "I AM going to give you a SON!"  Then this rush of JOY and PEACE came over me and all I could do was SMILE and WEEP....My whole body felt shaky and all I wanted to do was fall back in my pew......then my friend Jess came back over to me and asked if she could pray for me :):):)   What an amazing experience that was!!!

Well of course I can't stop thinking about this and I am trying to analyze it all in my head.....was that really God's voice??  or was it me thinking it in my own head???  It had to of been  God's Voice because I heard it!! hmmm....am I certain????    


BUT..... God knows all my thoughts....he knows me and how I am (DUH! Because He created me!!) 
He then gives me a few things of re-assurance that I need....
He reminded me of what Beka told me back in October......which leads me to my wonderful conversation I had with Beka about this last night....I picked her "pregnant brain" and she remembered clear as day what our conversation consisted of back in October.....Exactly How I remembered it ;)  I then told her about the experience I had on Saturday.....with the thought in mind about me and Jess' conversation and me going to the Alter to pray with Angie she asked me "Didn't He just speak to you before that?"  Then all of the sudden it all made sense.....Yes God did speak to me before that.....He was the "Tug" at my heart saying to go pray with Angie....He is always talking to us....It's just a matter of whether we are truly listening or not!!!! :) AMAZING!!!!!



So then that brings us to today..... I am going to share with you what my devotion was about this morning....I carry in my purse a little book called "Jesus Calling" By Sarah Young :)
   
   March 8
SAVE YOUR BEST STRIVING FOR SEEKING MY FACE.  I am constantly communicating with you. To find Me and hear My voice you must seek Me above all else.  Anything that you desire more than Me becomes an idol. When you are determined to get your own way, you blot Me out of your consciousness.  Instead of single-mindedly pursuing some goal, talk with Me about it. Let the Light of My Presence shine on this pursuit, so that you can see it from my perspective.  If the goal fits into My plans for you, I will help you reach it.  If it is contrary to My will for you, I will gradually change the desire of your heart.  Seek Me first and foremost; then the rest of your life will fall into place, piece by piece.
Now how powerful was that one!!!! ;)

So with that all said........I don't have any "News" to announce.......but stay tuned ;)
GREATER THINGS ARE YET TO COME :)

4 comments:

  1. OK! I am shaking, crying, praising God and Having an 'AH HA!" Moment all at the same time!!! This is amazing! So Happy! This year IS a year of BIG THINGS! PRAISE the LORD :) Love you & praying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK! So I am crying, shaking, praising God and having an"AH HA" moment all at the same time!!! SO happy and PRAISE GOD!!! This year IS a BIG YEAR!!! Love you & praying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!

    He really DOES speak in so many ways, all of the time. It is so exciting to hear what God did in you at the conference!

    ReplyDelete