Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Prayer Answered......

I Can hardly contain myself with this story.....

I've always been one to wonder when I was truly gonna see with my own eyes....a prayer answered....there's the "usual" things we pray about in our daily lives....good health, finances, our family, etc. and those prayers are answered daily(but we tend to take it for granted)....But what about a something or in this instance a child that God placed in your life for not even 8 hours...and since the moment of meeting them it has been pressed continually upon your heart to just pray for them....pray for their safety...their well being...their health...their family....etc......and then one fine Sunday morning....that prayer has been shown
(in a powerful way) its been answered...

*I'm gonna back up to the beginning now....to when I first met this child**** And for privacy issues am going to refer to this child as Alexis*

Labor day weekend 2010....
Me and my family decided to go camping at Rudd Lake.....Halei has always enjoyed bringing one of her cousins with...so this time it was Carters turn.  Everything was pretty normal and ordinary about this weekend except for on Saturday....
Saturday me and a friend stayed at our campsite visiting will the kids went to the park to play.....after being gone for only 5 minutes the kids came running back saying there was this kid at the park throwing sand and rocks...well of course as the strong-willed mother I am I run over there thinking this kids got another thing coming and where is their parents!?!?
I get over there to find this poor child still in her Pj's in the middle of the afternoon, filthy and eating sand...:(  My heart then just aches for this poor child!  I asked her to please play nice and stop throwing sand and rocks, and also asked her where her mom and dad were....She then replied "I don't have a mommy and my dad is over there" as she pointed in his direction to where i see a group of drunk people  hooting and hollering and not paying any attention to any of their kids.  I then asked her for her name and she responded with "Alexis".  She still wanted to continue with throwing sand and yelling at the other kids...on the outside she seemed to be a very naughty and rebellious child, but on the inside I knew that she was a hurting little girl that just wanted some attention and someone to love her in the right way. 
I tried explaining to her many times to stop throwing things and to just be nice and play nice and the other kids would love to have her around and play(because all the kids did in response to her was run away and scream).  She still wouldn't listen.....
So me and my friend decided maybe we should just move on to the other park....
so we did.....and she followed...... 
Over time we just started to "deal" with her hanging around us.....part of me kept thinking that worthless father needs to get over here and take care of his crazy child....and then the other part was thinking...I know she's safe with me and all she seems to want to do is stay away from her drunken father.....

Well eventually the day came to a close...and we needed to get back to our camp to clean up...make supper...and rest...

Sunday we woke up started going about our day....and then I noticed...the camp Alexis was staying at had already cleared out....everyone was gone....
Part of me was relieved because we would no longer have to deal with getting rocks and sand thrown at us....and the other part of me really wondered about this poor little girl....


Well....as the weeks have gone on....I have often thought of her(more often then I ever imagined I would think of a stranger) and once those thoughts started it would just be pressed upon my heart to Pray....to pray for her safety...to pray that she's not starving to death....to pray that Jesus would wrap His loving arms around her and let her know she is Loved!!!

October 24th, 2010
Today....I woke up just pumped for the day....Matt was planning to go to church with us....It is Pastors' Appreciation Sunday....I'm going to go to a friends house later for a "Merci Headbands" party....Today is going to be AWESOME!!!
Little did I know what God really had in store for me....something I was least expecting.....

We get to church and it's 10:55....I decide I'm gonna "pop" into my mom's Sunday school room and see if she needs our help wrapping things up.....we step inside the room and there's my dad talking to this little girl and he says something to her about "Well there's some more "kids" to join our classroom...right there is my little girl and her name is alissa"..... at that moment my heart just SANK.....and I responded with "Hi Alexis!!!!!  How are you??"  My dad looked up at me and said "Wow!  I guess you already know each other!"  At this point I'm shaking....and I'm really trying to figure out in my own mind...without asking any questions....who brought her here(besides God's Perfect Plan)....

Well Church starts...we are sitting in the sanctuary...praise and worship begins...and I'm praising God extra...and to add to it...all we sang about was being Thankful :):):):)  Boy was I thankful!!  Alexis was here and she was in a safe place, but still wondering who brought her

Then came my Answer....I looked over...and I seen her with the PERFECT family....oh how I was filled with amazing JOY

As soon as I had the chance I approached this family and started explaining my story to the mother....I started SOBBING....I couldn't hold back the tears....they were tears of Joy, Thankfulness, and Amazement of his Awesome Wonder and Grace...Jesus truly Loves his little Children.....

And with that said....Today I seen...with my own eyes....A PRAYER ANSWERED......

*GOD IS SO GOOD!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment